Jobs and Careers
Finance Assistant - Part Time
Spirasi, the national centre for the rehabilitation of victims of torture in Ireland, wishes to appoint a part-time Finance Assistant who will support the work of a busy finance office serving a growing and diverse organization.
- NFQ level 6 (or higher) qualification in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Able to speak, read and write English to IELTS Level 8 (Expert User)
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Account Administrator, or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Excellent IT skills including Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Knowledge of accounting software (e.g. Sage) and payroll package (e.g. Thesaurus)
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Able to work effectively as part of multi-disciplinary team and independently.
- Good sense of self care
- Cross cultural understanding, training and experience
- Experience of working with asylum seekers and refugees
- Understanding of the Irish system as it pertains to asylum seekers and refugees
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system
If you are interested in applying, please send in a copy of your CV and (no more than) a one-page letter outlining the motivation for your application to email@example.com with ‘Finance Assistant’ in the subject title.
Enquiries: Rory Halpin, phone 01-8389664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 24th August 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 1st September 2020
Start Date: Immediate
Contract: One Year Fixed-Term (initially)
Salary: €27,000 Pro-rata