Jobs and Careers
Psychotherapist - Part Time 21 hours a week- Mon-Fri- Dublin based, Hybrid role
A psychotherapist in Spirasi is required to provide therapeutic interventions on an individual and group basis to survivors of torture from many different cultures and backgrounds. The focus of this particular piece of work will be to provide therapeutic support - individual therapy and group work - to survivors of torture, both online and in person.
Closing Date: 14th May 2023
Interview Date: Date TBC in May 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: €50,400 (pro rata)
Benefits: 21 days annual leave (pro rata), in addition to a week’s leave at Easter and Christmas
Employee Assistant Programme
No weekend or evening work
Full induction and training provided
Contract: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
• Fully qualified Psychotherapist/Counselling Psychologist
• Accredited and fully insured
• Candidates must have the right to work in Ireland at the time of the application and for the duration of the contract of employment.
• Experience working with trauma
• Able to provide a range of therapeutic modalities
• Able to speak and write English to IELTS Level 8 (Expert User)
• Excellent self-care
• Proficient in IT
• Experience writing reports and administrating assessments
• Experience working with asylum seekers and refugees
• Experience working with interpreters
• Cross cultural understanding
DUBLIN: This position will be based in Dublin 7 (accessible by Luas and bus) with the opportunity for some remote working. The successful candidate must be able to carry out a blended approach to working. The candidate will be able to deliver both individual and group interventions in person and via online platforms to people who have survived torture and other serious human rights violations who come from a range of cultures and backgrounds. This work will include the use of interpreters where necessary.
For a remote work arrangement to operate effectively, a single, specific workspace must be available and designated in the home or other office.
Spirasi is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection decisions are made on merit - in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy
Salary: €50,400 (pro rata)