Spirasi offers a number of therapeutic services as part of our rehabilitation programme.
Clients who attend Spirasi’s services often suffer from the effects of interpersonal trauma. Spirasi’s specialised therapy programme follows a phase-model approach to treatment where the focus is always on safety, empowerment and choice.
Phase 1: Safety Building
- After attending an Initial Assessment, clients are offered a place in one of Spirasi Induction Sessions.
- The Induction Session provides psychoeducation to clients about trauma and the impact on the body and mind.
- During this session, clients learn about Spirasi’s therapy programmes and is empowered in making a choice about what treatment is best for them and their circumstances.
The range of therapies currently available in Spirasi include:
- Group Therapy
Allows exploration of strength and resiliency in a group setting.
Helps build trust and form bonds.
Teaches practical stress reduction techniques.
- Individual Therapy
A place to talk about feelings one on one with a therapist.
This helps to process the events of the past or hopes/fears for the future.
- Family Therapy
Involves family members or close acquaintances in the therapy process.
Allows for the processing of trauma through individual’s network of support
Phase 2: Trauma Processing
- Clients can engage in Individual or Family Therapy when they feel they feel resourced and are ready to start processing the trauma.
- Interpreters can used if needed
- Fortnightly appointments
- It is a talk therapy
- Trauma processing is client-led
- Paced to suit the needs and ability of client at the time
Spirasi’s Recommended Therapy Model:
Step 1: Initial Assessment
Step 2: Induction: Psychoeducation
Step 3: Choice of Stress Management Group
Step 4: Individual Therapy/ Family Therapy
- Groups work in Spirasi is used to help rebuild a sense of safety and provide practical stress management techniques to aid sleep, anxiety and somatic pain.
- It is about giving the client resources and building resilience.
- Group work in Spirasi helps prepare the client for engaging in trauma-processing work with an individual therapist.
- Spirasi offers lots of different groups to suit people’s needs.
- Some groups require an understanding of English, some do not.
- Some groups focus of the body.
- Some groups focus on talking.
- Some groups focus on symbolising.
- Groups are run throughout the week.
- Groups are available in Dublin and in Limerick